Housing Assistance Payments


Housing Assistance Payment

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a new social housing support which is being introduced in Roscommon on a phased basis. Over time, HAP will replace Rent Supplement for those with a long term housing need. Persons applying for HAP (Housing Assistance Payment) must be a qualified housing applicant(s) before they can apply for HAP. 

If you are eligible as an approved housing applicant, you must find your own private rented accommodation (within specific rent caps - see below). The Local Authority will pay the landlord directly and the tenant will pay a rent to the local authority based on the differential rent scheme. The rent will be based on your weekly household income and works in a similar way to the differential rents charged for local authority houses.

CountySingle SharedCouple SharedSingleCoupleCouple /One   Parent Family – 1 Qualified ChildCouple / One   Parent Family – 2 Qualified ChildrenCouple / One   Parent Family – 3 Qualified Children

HAP Roscommon Contact

Please contact (090) 6637230

HAP Shared Services Centre 

Landlord Payment Queries ONLY


Tenant Rent Arrears Queries ONLY


Please   contact +353 61 525340


Please   contact +353 61 525341


HAP Info leaflet in English.pdf (size 573.8 KB)

HAP Info leaflet in Gaeilge.pdf (size 559 KB)

Landlord booklet in English.pdf (size 1.1 MB)

Landlord booklet in Gaeilge.pdf (size 1.1 MB)

Tenant Booklet in English.pdf (size 1 MB)

Tenant Booklet in Gaeilge.pdf (size 848.6 KB)

A new Social Housing Support is being rolled out in RCC with effect from 1st December next.